Here Some Basic Formulas/Rules Are given below :-1. a km/hr =
2. a m/s =
3. Time taken by a train of length 1 metres to pass a pole or a standing man or a signal post is equal to the time taken by the train to cover 1 metres.
4. Time taken by a train of length 1 metres to pass a stationary object of length b metres is the time taken by the train to cover (I + b) metres.
5. Suppose two trains or two bodies are moving in the same direction at u m / s and y m / s, where u > y, then their relatives speed = (u - y) m/ s.
6. Suppose two trains or two bodies are moving,in opposite directions at u m / s and y m / s, then their relative speed is = (u + y) m/s.
7. If two trains of length a metreS and b metres are moving in opposite directions at u m/s and y m/s, then time taken by the trains to cross each other
8. If two trains of length a metres and b metres are moving in the same direction at u m/s and y m/s, then the time taken by the faster train to cross the slower train
9. If two trains (or bodies) start at the same time from points A and B towards each other and after crossing they take a and b sec in reaching B and A respectively, then (A's speed) : (B's speed) = ( √ : √ )
Click Here for Important Examples